Celebrating Homecoming 2008
Thousands of Concordia alumni returned to campus in October to live out the
theme “Memories Together, Cobbers Forever.” The weekend’s heavy rain didn’t
steal recognition from three Alumni Achievement Award winners and Athletic
Hall of Fame inductees. Nor did it stop alumni from celebrating the dedication of
the new Knutson Campus Center.
Other highlights from the weekend:
- Fifty-some members from the class of 1948 returned to Concordia to reminisce and share 60 years of memories.
- Students purchased more than 1,500 maroon and gold T-shirts commemorating the weekend’s activities.
- The Rev. Ernie Mancini, former Alumni Relations director, whipped up some Cobber spirit at the bonfire by delivering his traditional “Release the Beast.” “Kumala, kumala, kumala vista,” anyone?
- Thousands of miles didn’t keep Sultan Elmoisheer ‘83 from attending his 25th reunion. He traveled from Saudi Arabia to catch up with former classmates.
- More than 200 musicians attended The Concordia Choir reunion. Many added their voices to the harmonies of “Beautiful Savior” during the Homecoming Concert.
- Former Admissions and Financial Aid staff and their families received a sneak preview of the new Welcome Center that opened in November.
See more photos online at www.ConcordiaCollege.edu/homecomingphotos.
Honor a Cobber
Do you know any Concordia graduates who demonstrate outstanding achievements in their profession? Who make a difference through volunteer work? Nominate them for an Alumni Achievement Award. Nominees must have graduated from the college at least 15 years ago. Other alumni choose the winners, who are honored for service and leadership. To nominate someone, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (800) 699-9020.
Board Seeks Enthusiastic Alumni
If you can’t stop gushing about your Cobber experience, Concordia’s National Alumni Board wants you. The board strives to increase awareness and knowledge about Concordia. It also promotes and supports alumni activities around the world. For more information or to nominate someone, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (800) 699-9020.