Using LaTeX databases to organize course documents with longdata.sty
The LaTeX package datatool.sty, written by Nicola L.C. Talbot,
allows the creation and use of simple databases directly in your LaTeX code.
The file longdata.sty is a patch that enables database entries
to include multiple paragraphs,
so that datatool commands can organize entire documents.
- Definition Quizzes
- definitionquizbank.tex (not compilable) - contains a database of terms, definitions, and quiz questions
- defnlist.tex - uses the database to create a full list of terms and definitions for students' studying
- defnquiz1.tex - uses the database to create quickly a quiz testing some terms
- Practice Exams
- practiceexambank.tex (not compilable) - contains a database of practice exam problems and solutions
- practiceexam1.tex - uses the database to create a practice exam covering chapters 5 and 6
- practicesolns1.tex - uses the database to create solutions to the practice exam over chapters 5 and 6
If you find any bugs of the form "Runaway argument?", please report them to "ahendric at cord.edu",
as those are problems with longdata.sty's patching of datatool to accommodate multiple paragraphs.
If you find any other bugs, and you have not been able to resolve the problem
by consulting the
there could be a bug in datatool.sty itself.
In that case you might wish to contact Nicola L.C. Talbot;
see her website
for contact information.
Anders O.F. Hendrickson
Concordia College, Moorhead, MN