Health & Wellness
Kjos Health Center
H1N1 Flu InformationConcordia is always concerned for the health and wellbeing of its students and staff. Concordia continues to monitor the outbreak of H1N1 influenza A, swine flu, and are in close contact with federal state and local health officials. Concordia has a team meeting regularly to assess the situation and guide the appropriate college response to the situation. We will keep the public informed and share any important facts on this site as the situation warrants. Read More...
About Kjos Health Center
Concordia’s Kjos Health Center, located right on campus, is open to students, faculty and staff for a variety of services. Examinations and consultations are available. The health center’s staff includes a family nurse practioner, registered nurse, medical lab technician and a health information assistant.
Kjos Health Center services include:
- Diagnosis and outpatient treatment of respiratory, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, skin, neuromuscular and orthopaedic conditions
- Physical examination for varsity athletics, graduate school application, premarital requests and employment
- Psychiatric services and referrals
- Gynecological services including pregnancy testing and prenatal care
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Certified laboratory tests
- Limited immunizations and TB screening
- First aid
- Suture removal
- Allergy injections
- Support services for rape and abuse
- Nutrition and diet counseling and referral
- Referral to specialists
If you need counseling outside the realm of the Health Center you will be referred to appropriate counselors or agencies. Hospitalization will be arranged if you cannot safely or reasonably treated as an outpatient.
Provider visits are filed to your health insurance. All charges not covered by insurance are the responsibility of you and your parents. In order to process claims, students must have their own insurance card. Check with your insurance carrier regarding coverage at the college health center.
If you are not covered by your parents’ insurance policy, the college strongly recommends that you participate in the group plan offered to Concordia students.
Kathy Benson, RN, Health Service Administrator
Cheryl Christianson, Administrative Health Information Assistant
Cheryl Ross FNP
June Aabye, Medical Lab Technician
North wing of Hoyum Hall
9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Nurse on Duty
9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday
Walk-ins welcome or schedule an appointment by calling 218.299.3662