Adopted February, 2000 Student Affairs Committee
1. During the specified time period between invitation to pledge and celebration, the following shall be considered pledging activities:
a. all gatherings scheduled on the rush/pledge calendar
b. all interactions between pledges and actives of the same society
c. all activities of pledges under the direction of active members of the society
2. Pledges will be excused without penalty from any pledging activity that interferes with his/her classes, studies or employment. In these cases, societies may require pledges to make up a pledging activity within the pledging period.
3. No alcohol or controlled substance will be present at or during pledging activities in accordance with Concordia's Alcohol and Other Drug Policy.
4. Pledges will not be made to ingest anything that could cause sickness or ill health.
5. There will be no physical abuse or endangerment or mental or sexual harassment of any pledge by or under the direction of an active society member.
6. Each faculty member and/or work supervisor has the right to prohibit the wearing of unusual and potentially disruptive costumes in class or in the work place.
7. Each society must submit a calendar of all rush and pledging events to the Office of Student Leadership and Service prior to the start of rush and pledging. This calendar must first be approved by the LDS president(s). The Office of Student Leadership and Service must be notified in advance of any changes in the calendar.
8. All societies must submit a list of names of all pledges and actives to the Office of Student Leadership and Service prior to any activities.
9. Any individual and/or society violating these guidelines or any other college policy will be subject to disciplinary action.
10. Copies of these pledging guidelines are to be read and signed by all pledges accepting the invitation of any society and must be returned to the society, which will in turn file it with the Office of Student Leadership and Service.