1. Maintain regular communication with the Assistant Director of Student Involvement during planning. In consultation with the Assistant Director of Student Involvement, determine the number of advisors needed to accommodate the estimated number of student participants.
2. Secure advisors for the trip and work with the advisors throughout the planning process to insure compliance with college policies and procedures.
3. Insure that all participants complete the necessary forms with the understanding that those who do not complete the forms may not participate in the trip.
4. Pick up the necessary forms from Student Leadership and Service prior to your departure date.
5. While on the trip, keep a copy of the participants’ completed forms with you at all times.
6. Enforce all Concordia policies on the trip. If a student violates a college policy and/or the conduct agreement, the student leader(s) will report it immediately to the trip advisor. The student leader(s) will report it to the Assistant Director of Student Involvement upon return to campus.
7. If an emergency should occur, administer standard emergency procedures (i.e.; police, hospitalization, etc.) and report the incident immediately to trip advisor. If an advisor is not on the trip, immediately call Campus Security at 218.299.3123 and report the incident. Security will notify the Student Affairs Dean on-call.
8. Develop and implement a plan for processing the trip experience with the participants to be sure participants can identify what they learned from the trip.
Refer to the student organization handbook to read all pertinent policies regarding off-campus travel.