Request Student Activity Fee Funding
1. Submit all requests by the deadlines given. Funds will only be allocated according to the published deadlines. Late budget requests or retroactive requests will be considered by the council, but may not be fully funded. Please consider alternative funding sources if you are submitting your budget request late or for a retroactive need. The council cannot guarantee a specific amount of funding.
2. Please provide exact prices for the items you are requesting as well as specifically what the items will be used for and the reasons your organization is requesting funding for these items. More information is better! It will help the Student Involvement Council to understand the reasons for your request.
3. Please indicate any other sources of funding. The Council puts a premium on gaining other sources of funding for events, especially the more expensive ones. Other sources could include funding through a department related to your organization, fundraisers, collecting small fees/dues from each member attending, partnerships with other organizations, etc. Outside sources of funding show the council that your organization is committed to the activity and that you don't take funding from the Student Activity Fee for granted.
These are the current (2012-2013) funding guidelines as determined by the SIC. Each year, the SIC reviews and revises these guidelines in order to allocate student funds as fairly as possible.
1. An organization must be in good standing (no current probations, suspensions, or disciplinary violations) in order to request funds.
2. Funding will be considered that is of benefit to the campus community as well as the individual. Funding requests that solely benefit the individual student will not be considered.
3. Funding for food will be considered for events that educate the larger campus community on cultural or spiritual traditions. Funding for food will NOT be considered when it solely benefits just one particular group.
4. When requesting advertising/publicity materials, please utilize Concordia's Parke Student Leadership Center resources whenever possible. These items are sold at cost to all students and several (Texas Markers, glue, tape, etc.) are free for use by student organizations.
5. The Student Activity Fee will not be used to pay membership dues/fees to societies, associations or professional organizations. However, professional organization fees will be paid if it is necessary for insurance purposes. Additionally, professional organization fees will be considered if it helps the org perform their most basic function.
6. The SIC will consider funding an event in which the majority of money will go to a limited number of people, provided they clearly demonstrate an effort to share their new knowledge with the larger campus community.