LeadNow Program BackgroundThe purpose of LeadNow® is to provide opportunities for students to discover their potential as leaders and their capacity to influence the affairs of the world.
LeadNow® Program Values
- Every person has unique capacity for leadership
- Leadership is both positional and non-positional
- Leadership is collaborative and service-oriented
- Leaders effect change and work for the common good
- Leadership requires intercultural competence
Concordia Student Affairs Staff developed LeadNow® in concert with the mission of the college and by combining Concordia's Goals for Liberal Learning with three models of leadership development: the Social Change Model of Leadership Development, the Leadership Identity Development Model, and the Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity.
Students can earn three leadership certifications that will enhance the work they are doing inside the classroom, as they get involved on campus, and after they graduate.