- Current Employees
- Student Education
- Mission Statement
- Student Comments
- Job Descriptions
- Dietetic Internship
- Student Employee Job Application
The dietetic internship program at Concordia College is for graduates of approved undergraduate programs, through a cooperative arrangement between the college, public schools and area healthcare facilities. Concordia’s program has received full accreditation status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), the accrediting agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The mission of the Dietetic Internship Program at Concordia College is to prepare thoughtful, caring and competent registered dietitians who are leaders in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
The Concordia College Dietetic Internship has a concentration in Food Service Management. This concentration allows graduates to gain experience in the following areas:
• Management skills for all areas of dietetics, especially food service
• Strategic planning and facility management
• Menu and recipe development, product procurement and equipment specifications
• Human Resource functions
• Program development
• Must have completed a Didactic Program in Dietetics at a college approved by the AND and received a verification stating completion of the knowledge requirements
• Entrance preference given to those with experience in food service
• Entrance preference given to those with a GPA of at least 3.0
• Various applications must be completed by February 15, 2013.
Read more about admission requirements.
Graduation Requirements for Dietetic Internship
• Completion of at least 1772 hours of supervised practice.
• Successful completion of all rotations and assignments as determined by preceptors and Internship Director evaluation of intern's performance.
• Successful completion of required core Competencies for Dietitians and Competencies for Food Service Management Concentration as outlined in the curriculum.