More about DS
Concordia College ID Card
Your Concordia College ID card serves many important functions on campus, including:
- Identification Card: This card identifies you as a student, faculty, or staff member of the College. This is also required when purchasing tickets to on-campus events, usually to get in free or at a reduced price.
- Library Card: This card is required to check out books at the library and is useful when performing other functions like using the copier.
- Meal Plan Access Card: This card is required when going through the dining center on campus. In other words, it is your ticket to eat!
- Cobber Cash Card: The card owner or other designated members (such as parents of students) can load the Cobber Cash balance of the ID card, for use as detailed on the Cobber Cash page. These funds are accessed by specifying to the checker to use Cobber Cash for the transaction, then by swiping the card. The amount of the transaction is automatically deducted from the Cobber Cash account on the card.
- Dining Dollars Card: Meal Plans A through D offer funds, referred to as Dining Dollars, available to the meal plan recipient. These funds are accessed by specifying to the checker to use Dining Dollars for the transaction, then by swiping the card. The amount of the transaction is automatically deducted from the Dining Dollars account on the card.
- Vending/Concession Card: In addition to paying cash, Cobbers may use their Cobber Cash and/or Dining Dollars accounts to pay for items from equipped vending machines.
- Residence Hall Laundry: Students must swipe their ID card to access laundry machines.
Since the technology is already embedded into ID Cards, there is no additional charge for all ID card cashless services. They are a benefit of attending or working at Concordia. You will not have to worry about carrying cash on campus again!
All balances must be prepaid. Checkers and vending machines will not allow these accounts to descend into negative balances.