Our main focus is your success.
The Office of Student Success and Retention Services offers programs and services that provide personal support to students and their parents. Services are available to assist students with their concerns, as well as direct them to the right resource at Concordia. Our open door policy allows students to connect on a personal basis with staff and mentors in an effort to create a rewarding and successful college experience. We are committed to helping you reach your potential and ultimately reach real-world success. We achieve this through providing you with support services and programs that can enhance your learning, development, persistence, satisfaction, and graduation.
Program support options allow students and their parents to discuss all college-related issues. Parents are encouraged to contact the office and their concerns will be responded to on a personal basis. Collaborating with faculty, staff, and other college resources, the Office of Student Success and Retention will provide assistance to any student seeking options regarding their concern.
Our services include:
- Personal Student Support: We offer individualized support plans that assist students in achieving, accomplishing, and realizing their personal and educational goals. Our open door policy allows students to connect with staff and student mentors on a personal basis to discuss any college-related concern.
- Peer Mentoring: We have trained upperclassmen who, as peer mentors, can help students navigate the college system. Our peer mentors are committed to helping students achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Outreach and Drop-in Services: We reach out and encourage students through personal contacts, e-mails, and messages. We offer opportunities to meet other students, peer mentors, and connect with the college through planned educational and social activities.
- Information and Referral: We provide information, guidance, and direction on success strategies, as well as access to other helpful resources on campus.
- Parent Education and Support: As a service to parents, we serve as a central point of contact for concerns and inquiries. We also offer helpful information about the college experience and parenting college students.
- Retention Initiatives: We develop and implement retention solutions to assist faculty, advisers, and administrators.