The Office of Student Success and Retention Services is here to help you succeed at Concordia College. We are a central place for you to find connections to all of campus, and through our referrals, to find the resources, services, and programs that you need to succeed. Our main focus is your success. We can help with any questions or concerns that you may have, no matter how big or small.
Our peer mentors are here to answer your questions and help you navigate the college system. They are upperclass-students who are committed to helping you achieve your academic and personal goals. We encourage students to drop-in or contact us at the Student Success office in the lower level of Fjelstad. We'll help with any college-related issue or concern. Talking to a peer mentor who has had similar experiences can be very helpful. Peer mentors are here to help you navigate the college system. Stop in our office and meet our staff and peer mentors today! We are open Monday - Thursday from 8:30 am - 9:30 pm, Friday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, and Sunday from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
Why should I connect with a mentor?
Students who are involved with peer mentors are more likely to:
- Reach their academic and personal goals.
- Be satisfied with their undergraduate experience.
- Meet other students.
- Be involved on campus.
Other benefits include:
- Free food and fun at Student Success sponsored events.
- Invitations to educational and social events at Concordia.
- learning the importance of support and resources
- gaining a whole new perspective about the college experience
What is the time commitment to having a peer mentor?
- Respond to the occasional e-mail/ phone call from your mentor.
- Meet with the mentor at your convenience throughout the semester.
- Attend some Student Success sponsored events each semester.