Vocation & Church Leadership
What is Pastor-2-Pastor?
- A supportive network of pastors for pastors.
- A program designed to care for the whole person.
- A ministry open to pastors of the Northwestern Minnesota and Eastern North Dakota synods of the ELCA who have completed First Call Theological Education.
- A program cooperatively sponsored by the Northwestern Minnesota and Eastern North Dakota Synods of the ELCA and Concordia College.
- A small group of 4–6 pastors meets monthly.
- A trained facilitator leads the group.
- Mutual accountability, sharing of issues, and concerns.
- Building friendships, support, and collegiality with peers.
- Meaningful study, prayer, and worship.
24-Hour Gatherings at Concordia College in Moorhead
- Gatherings held two times a year.
- Continuing education offered by keynote speakers and professionals from a variety of disciplines.
- Care of the whole person.
- Opportunities to worship together.
- Conversation, social connections, and mutual support.
- Time to relax and be renewed.
- Meals provided on campus.
Cost of the Program
The annual cost for the pastor is $100. This ministry is made possible through the support of the Northwestern Minnesota and Eastern North Dakota synods, Concordia College, and Thrivent Financial. While housing is not available on campus a discounted hotel rate is available at the Courtyard Marriott in Moorhead when you tell them that you are with the Concordia group. The actual cost of the program is much higher per participant.
Benefits for Congregations
- Spiritual renewal for pastor.
- Enhanced energy for ministry in congregation.
- Ideas shared from other congregations.
- New pastoral vision.