Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do I go to get my student ID?
You can get your ID at the Dining Services office in Knutson Campus Center. Call 299.3706. You ID serves many functions, as a library card, a meal pass for Dining Services and more.
2. Where do I get a fob? (electronic key)
A fob enables you to gain access to your residence hall and the Olson Forum balcony. Apply for a fob at the Facilities Management Office.
3. Where do I get my PO combination?
You can reach the campus post office at 299.3770 or stop by 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday located on the Mezzanine level in the Knutson Campus Center.
4. When are buildings, box offices and labs open on campus?
See when buildings are open on campus, including Dining Services, the pool, Olson Forum, computer labs, Bookstore, and more.
5. Where can I find a place to study?
In addition to your residence hall lounges and the library, you may wish to try the following:
During regular weeknights: Knutson Campus Center and Ivers second floor classrooms are open until 2 a.m.; Olin classrooms are open until 11 p.m.; all other unused classrooms until 10 p.m. See more building hours.
During finals: East and Oak rooms in Grant Center are open all night; Knutson Campus Center and Ivers third and second floor classrooms are open until 2 a.m.; available Old Main classrooms are open until 1 a.m.; and all other unused classrooms until 10 p.m. See more building hours.
6. How do I find a work study job?
The Job Shop can help you out! Visit the helpful staff in Academy 101 during business hours or call 299.4509.
7. Where do I go to get a free parking permit or pay a parking ticket?
Parking permits are distributed by Parking Services in the Facilities Management Office. Apply online or call 299.3267. You can pay your parking tickets at the Facilities Management Office as well.
8. How can I get around town?
Ride the MAT bus for free. Just show your student ID. Bus schedules are available at the Campus Information Desk.
Students receive discounted cab rides between 9pm-6:30am during the academic year. You must have a Doyle cab sticker on your ID to receive the discount. Cab stickers are available at the Campus Information Desk.
9. Where can I reserve a campus vehicle?
Transportation Services is located at the Jake Christianson Stadium. Call 299.3259 to reserve a vehicle for college-related use.
10. I am a new international student. Where can I go for information?
The Office of Intercultural Affairs can help you out.
11. How do I change my address?
Notify the Student Affairs Office at 299.3455.
12. How do I reserve a room for a meeting or event?
E-mail your request to room reservations. Call 299.3729 for more information.
13. How do I reserve a showcase, banner or table in the Knutson Campus Center?
Contact the Parke Student Leadership Center at 299.4518.
14. Where can I use a fax machine and copy machine?
A fax machine available for your use is in the Parke Student Leadership Center located on the second floor of Knutson Campus Center. Copy machines are available in the library and the Parke Center. Call the Parke Center at 299.4518 for more information.
15. Where is the closest Notary Public?
The Business Office located in Lorentzsen Hall is the nearest location. Call 299.3150.
16. Where do I register to vote?
Minnesota: You may register at your polling place or at the County Courthouse located at 807 N 11th St. Check the Minnesota voter registration website for more information. North Dakota: Voters are not required to register.
17. Where can I cash a check?
Checks may be cashed at the Cashier counter located in the Business Office. Hours are 9 a.m. to 12, and 1 to 4 p.m. There is also an ATM machine located on the 1st floor of the Campus Center. 299-3150.
18. Where is the lost and found?
Campus Information Office, located on the 1st floor of the Knutson Campus Center 299-4000.