Fjelstad HallFjelstad Hall houses 134 freshman and upperclass women. This English Tudor-styled hall was constructed in 1938 and partially renovated in 1984. Residents enjoy the spacious wood-beamed lounge and large rooms. Each floor also features its own kitchenette. The hall is named after Helga Fjelstad, director of food service and women's residence hall preceptress for 33 years.
Rooms: Many of the rooms are for three individuals, although there are a number of single, double and quad rooms. Each room has beds (75'' x 39''), built-in wardrobes and chests, a mirror, desks, chairs, drapes, and internet and cable television access.
Information desk: The hall information desk is located in the main lobby and is open from 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. each day. The desk staff monitor the building as well as making change and checking out equipment for residents.
Lounges: The main lounge, located just off the entrance foyer, is furnished with a television, ping pong table and piano. There is also an exercise room for residents only located in the basement.
Study areas: A computer lab for residents is located in a section of the basement lounge.
Chapel: There is a small prayer chapel located on second floor.
Kitchens: A kitchen is located on each floor and is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave oven and range. Baking and cooking utensils may be checked out at the desk.
Laundry facilities: Located in the basement, the laundry facilities include automatic commercial washers and dryers.
Cleaning equipment: Assorted cleaning supplies are available at the desk. Vacuum cleaners can also be checked out.
Storage room: A storage room is located in the basement for trunks, suitcases and seldom-used items. Contact a staff member to make arrangements for its use. The college does not assume liability for items stored in the storage room. Also, items which are unmarked, or unclaimed for two years, will be donated to local charities or otherwise disposed of.