Current staff members share their experiences in Residence Life -- and why you should consider this life-changing leadership position.
What's the best part of being on staff?
- "... all of the professional development opportunities you're given. As someone who is getting ready to apply for "big-kid" jobs soon, Residence Life provides you with so much knowledge and so many tools to help you grow as a person."
- "Getting the chance not only to build relationships with residents that you otherwise wouldn't be able to, but creating lasting relationships with staff members."
- "There is a complete network of support for any issues that arise."
- "I've grown a lot as a person, and made the best friends of my life."
- "Besides being surrounded by great people, It is one of the most enjoyable and invigorating thing on campus."
Why did you initially apply to be on staff?
- "I was encouraged by my dad to apply for the job, and I had a great relationship with my freshman RA. It was also a great job that I didn't have to go off campus for to make money."
- "I wanted the experience that comes with a leadership position, and the others perks such as the stipend and single occupancy certainly didn't dissuade me."
- "I was recommended by my RA during my freshman year. I wasn't that interested but I thought I'd try it anyway!"
- "I wanted to become more involved on campus, gain leadership skills, and help others to have a great college experience."
- "I applied to be on Residence Life because I thought it would be a great way to get to know new people as well as become a resource for others. The money is pretty nice also."
Why should someone consider applying?
- "It's enjoyable, looks great on a resume, and compensates you for your work."
- "You will develop a ton of transferable skills that will make you a better and more successful individual, as well as have a ton of fun and make deep, meaningful relationships."
- "Joining Res Life was one of the best life decisions I ever made--I am constantly learning, growing, and challenging myself."
- "ResLife is a great way for you to become a part of Concordia."
- "Take the leap! You'll never regret it!"