Here’s what we ask you to do to get ready:
- Complete the application for graduation and submit to the Registrar’s Office by September 26, 2012 for December 2012 graduation, November 9, 2012 for May/July/August 2013 graduation, or March 15, 2013 for December 2013 graduation.
- Declare your major(s) or minor(s) at the Registrar’s Office.
- Check your campus post office box and the graduation Web page often for graduation information.
- Purchase your required graduation cap and gown at the Cobber Bookstore during the designated times.
- Provide the Registrar’s Office with contact information if you will be off-campus for the semester prior to your graduation.
|Graduation Honors Criteria|
|Magna Cum Laude||3.7|
|Summa Cum Laude||3.9|
Please note: Honors listed in the Commencement program are based on grades up to, but not including, the current semester. The final honors status is determined after all grades are known.
Academic Dress Guidelines
Bachelor’s degree candidates wear the tassel of the cap in front and to the right. A holder of an academic degree wears the tassel in front and to the left. Please make this change AFTER the ceremony only.
According to traditional academic protocol, women do not remove their caps at any time during an academic exercise. Men remove their caps while sitting and replace them upon standing. If prayer is being offered or scripture is being read while standing, men remove their caps during such periods. Although the above is the traditional rule, women should feel free to remove their caps at such times as men do.
Please only wear dark-colored shoes.
Please do not wear corsages or boutonnieres.
Please do not wear honorary ropes, cords or medals. Credo and ODK graduates are the only students allowed to display honors regalia.
Thank you in advance for following the customs for wearing academic garb.