Employees are locked into one year's service with their chiropractor of choice because of initial assessment costs. While employees do not have to continue care for one year, they cannot change service providers during the contract year.
Employees can use the plan only outside of work hours. The service providers chosen for this program have flexible office hours to accommodate various work schedules.
Employees call in to set up appointments on an as-needed basis. Employees are not to pre-arrange for their next visit at the end of their current visit.
Chiropractors are bound to a one-year contract with Concordia College and agree to the following conditions:
• A reduced fee schedule for service
• No charge for missed/cancelled appointments
• If an employee needs to be seen more than three times in a one-month period of time, the service provider will call the Office of Risk Management and Safety to explain why the additional service is needed. Depending on the specific circumstances, additional appointments may need to be covered by worker's compensation or personal health insurance.
• No pre-arrangement for the next visit is allowed. Employees are to call in at a later date to schedule another appointment on an as-needed basis.
• Monthly billings will be directed to the Office of Risk Management and Safety at Concordia College.
• Chiropractors that are chosen for the program agree to an annual walk- through of the facility.
• The Preventive Chiropractic Program does not cover therapy treatments.
Concordia College will re-evaluate the Preventive Chiropractic Program and its service providers on an annual basis. Employees may forward any comments or concerns that will aid in the re-evaluation to the Office of Risk Management and Safety.
Concordia College will keep records of how often employees are using the Preventative Chiropractic Care Program versus Worker's Compensation claims to measure the program's effectiveness.