How to apply
When to Apply:
Private loan funds needed to pay the student’s balance in the Business Office must be applied for at least 45 days prior to the payment due date to allow sufficient processing time. Some lenders may have additional documents that the student borrower and/or co-signer must complete after the school certifies the loan application. All lender documents must be signed and completed before the lender can disburse funds to the school. If you have questions about the additional documents, please contact the lender.
Note: If the student needs different loan amounts for fall and spring semester, the student will need to complete two separate loan applications – one for fall term and one for spring term; otherwise, loan funds will be split equally between fall and spring semesters. Students are encouraged to apply for the entire year. Make sure to enter correct term dates when completing the application. Entering incorrect dates could result in a student needing to reapply for the loan with the correct term dates.
2012-2013 Summer Term (Summer 2013) 5-7-2013 to 8-19-2013
2013-2014 Fall/Spring 08-29-2013 to 05-03-2014
2013-2014 Fall Only 08-29-2013 to 12-18-2013
2013-2014 Spring Only 01-08-2014 to 05-03-2014
2013-2014 LOANS should not be applied for until after June 1st, 2013.
• Current address and phone number
• Social Security number
• Driver’s license number
• Employment or income information (if applicable)
• E-mail address
• Name, address and telephone number of two to three personal references that you have known for at least three years and who reside at different addresses
• Co-signer information
• A lender may ask the student to provide Cost of Attendance and Estimated Financial Assistance during the application process. If you need this information:
1. Log on to C-Port
2. Click on the Banner icon at the top of the page
3. Select Financial Aid
4. Select Award
5. Select Award for Aid year (make sure the award you are viewing is for the award year for which you are borrowing the loan)
6. Select the tab Award Overview
a) Under the Overview Tab you will find the student’s Cost of Attendance and Estimated Financial Assistance, which will be listed as your Total Financial Aid Award
1. Receive student’s award notice from Concordia College
2. Go to www.cord.edu/financialaid
3. Select Types of Financial Aid from the left-hand column
4. Select Loans
5. Select Private Loans
6. Select View List of Lenders, which will lead you to FASTChoice
7. Continue through the FASTChoice prompts to the list of historical lenders
8. After viewing the lender information, choose Apply Now for the loan for which you would like to apply. This will take you to the lender’s Web site to complete the application process.
9. Follow lender’s instructions for application process
Note: The Private Loan process will vary between lenders, but there are several forms and disclosures all lenders are required to provide to you. Some of these forms and disclosures may require the student borrower and/or co-signer’s signature, and must be returned to the lender. Make sure to watch for e-mails or U.S. Postal mail from the lender regarding missing information or forms that the student and/or co-signer may need to return to the lender. If lenders are missing information from you, they will not be able to disburse the loan to the college.
List of Lenders:
Concordia College maintains a list of private loan lenders as a service to students. Students are free to select a private loan program that is not on this list. If a student chooses to borrow from a private loan program, the choice of a lender or loan program is entirely the choice of the student. If a student chooses to use a loan program that is not on Concordia's list of lenders, we will process the loan in the same time frame as we would for the loan programs on Concordia's list of lenders.