How to applyWhen to Apply:
Students can apply after they have received their award notice from Concordia College.
- C-Port username and password
- Student Federal PIN number (this is the same PIN number used to sign FAFSA). A duplicate PIN number can be requested at www.pin.ed.gov
- Current address and phone number
- Social Security number
- Driver's license number
- Name, address and telephone number of two personal references who have known you for at least three years and who reside at different addresses
- Be sure to use full legal name and select Concordia College-Moorhead when prompted to provide school name.
1. Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
2. Receive student’s award notice from Concordia College indicating Direct Loan Eligibility
3. Student Logs on to C-Port
4. Click on the Banner icon at the top of the page
5. Select Financial Aid
6. Select Award
7. Select Award for Aid Year
8. Select the tab Accept Award Offer
a) Accept the full award amount by selecting Accept Full Amount of All Awards or
b) Choose Decline or Accept for each fund or
c) Accept partial amount by selecting Accept and entering the amount in the Accept Partial Amount field.
9. After the student accepts their Loan Award Offer they must go in C-Port Financial Aid to the General Financial Aid “Financial Aid Links” to obtain the website to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling on-line. (It is very important that the student complete these tasks, otherwise they will not receive their loan funds.)
10. The college will receive this information electronically. Once the loan is processed, you will receive a disclosure statement that gives you specific information regarding the loan amount, fees and the expected disbursement dates and amounts.