Financial Aid Info
Students' Rights & ResponsibilitiesAs a student, you have the right to ask about:
1. The cost of attending and refund policies for students withdrawing from school.
2. Available financial assistance, including information on all federal, state and institutional financial aid programs.
3. Procedures for submitting applications for each available financial assistance program.
4. Criteria used to select financial assistance recipients.
5. How financial need is determined.
6. How much of your financial need, as determined by the college, has been met.
7. How and when you will receive your financial assistance.
8. An explanation of each type and amount of assistance in your financial aid package.
9. If you have a loan – the interest rate, the amount that must be repaid, the length of time you have to repay it, when you must begin repayment, and any cancellation and deferment provisions.
10. If you are offered a job – what kind of job it is, what hours you must work, what your duties will be, and how and when you will be paid.
11. Arranging a discussion of your financial aid package with a financial aid staff member.
12. How the college determines whether you are making satisfactory progress and what happens if you are not.
As a student, it is your responsibility to:
1. Review and consider all information about the college's program before you enroll.
2. Pay special attention to your application for financial assistance, complete it accurately and submit it on time.
3. Provide all documentation, verification, corrections or other information requested by the Financial Aid Office or other agencies to which you submit your application.
4. Read and understand all forms you are asked to sign and keep copies of them.
5. Accept responsibility for the loan promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
6. If you have a loan – notify the lender of changes in your name, address or school status.
7. Perform in a satisfactory manner the work that is agreed upon in accepting campus employment.
8. Know and comply with deadlines for application or reapplication for financial assistance.
9. Know and comply with the college’s refund procedures.