How to Apply
Financial Aid for Prospective Students
Concordia awards more than $68 million in financial aid each year, with individual awards averaging more than $22,000 - including scholarships, grants, loans and work study. The sooner you apply for aid, the sooner you’ll realize how affordable a Concordia education really is.
Get your financial aid application started today with these easy steps:
1. Apply for admission to Concordia College.
2. Register for a Department of Education PIN, which will enable you to electronically sign your FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
3. Submit your completed FAFSA after Jan. 1 and print a copy for your records. Designate Concordia College (code #002346) as the data recipient. FAFSA on the Web Worksheet
4. Keep a copy of both your and your parents’ Federal Income Tax Return and W-2 forms.
5. Go to the Student Portal which is called C-Port to review your information and check the status of your application. Information on the portal and how to access it will be mailed to all students with Financial Aid Award Letters.
6. Accept your loans on the Student Portal so that they can be processed.
7. Report any external scholarships to the Office of Financial Aid.
8. Respond to all requests for additional information.
9. Review your Award Letter and contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions.
Other Helpful Information
Half of your awarded financial aid will be credited to your account each semester. Work study earnings will be paid directly to you.
You must be enrolled as a full time student (at least 12 credits) to receive the financial aid that has been awarded to you (15 credits for Minnesota Grant).
If your family resources become strained, contact the Financial Aid Office about supplemental loan programs. If your financial situation is substantially worse, you may choose to appeal your financial aid.
Concordia retains the right to revise the aid package if other resources or external financial aid become available or the financial information originally submitted is incorrect. The college will also increase the aid package if unusual circumstances merit the change and if funds are still available.
Financial Aid Procedures for:
International Students Financial Aid
Accelerated Nursing Students