College Majors & Career Choices
Whether you’ve known what you’ve wanted to do with your life for years, or you’re hoping to discover your dreams and goals while at Concordia, career planning can be a daunting task. Thankfully, you can count on the staff at the Career Center to help. We can recommend great books and Web sites, help you get started on personal assessments, open your eyes to the many career opportunities out there waiting for you, and answer your questions along the way. We've developed a Four-Year Checklist to help start the process; additionally, our Career Planning Guide gives an overview of career development through your four years at Concordia and beyond.
One of the best ways to get your career planning off to a successful start is to assess your characteristics, talents and interests. These assessments can confirm things you already knew about yourself, or shed some light on options you never before considered.
First, we’d suggest you stop by the Career Center to take the Career Direct Complete Guidance System. It takes about 50 minutes and analyzes four critical areas – personality, skills and values.
Then, look into some of these assessments as you continue your career planning:
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter II Personality Instrument
- ELCA’s Finding Your Spiritual Gifts Self-Assessment
Search Careers by Major/Area of Interest:
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in . . .?
- 2011 Concordia Graduate Destination Results
- Liberal Arts Career NetWORK’s Spotlight on Careers - Log into CareerLink for username and password
- Scholarship and Career information - Student Scholarships