H1N1 Flu Information
Aug 27, 2009
Concordia is always concerned for the health and wellbeing of its students and staff. Concordia continues to monitor the outbreak of H1N1 influenza A, swine flu, and are in close contact with federal state and local health officials. Concordia has a team meeting regularly to assess the situation and guide the appropriate college response to the situation. We will keep the public informed and share any important facts on this site as the situation warrants.
The following are the recommended common-sense health precautions we are asking the entire campus to take.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water, especially after you cough or sneeze
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the tissue in the trash after use. If you don’t have a tissue, cough into your elbow rather than your hand.
- If you get sick, avoid contact with others if possible to keep from infecting them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Try to avoid close contact if you are ill.
- Follow good health practices: drink plenty of water and get adequate sleep, nutrition and physical activity.
For more information on H1N1 and travel advisories that have been issued because of the flu, you are encouraged to review the following links: