Scholarship Information for New Conductors
Scholarship Application Deadline is MAY 21!
The Wind Band Institute will be offering FOUR full-tuition scholarships for junior high and high school conductors completing their first through their fifth year. WBI recognizes the importance of professional development during these formative years of a teaching career.
If you apply, you have an excellent chance of obtaining a scholarship! It's worth your time.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Currently employed full-time teaching wind band
2. Completing first through fifth year of teaching
1. Submit a brief résumé of undergraduate band activities and accomplishments, including name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
2. Submit a maximum 700 word essay answering the following two questions:
- What is your philosophy of wind band music education?
- How will this experience will help accomplish your professional goals?
3. Applications must be received by the May 21 deadline and may either be e-mailed or mailed to:
Wind Band Institute Scholarship Application
901 8th St S
Moorhead, MN 56562.
Application materials will not be returned. Those awarded scholarships will be notified by June 1. Recipients are responsible for their own transportation, housing and meals.
Thank you to our Scholarship Sponsors: