Getting to Know the Crafts
• Both sets of the Crafts’ parents live in Pennsylvania. Their son Josh lives in Boston with his wife, Elizabeth. Josh works in energy policy and recently started a graduate program in law and public policy. Daughter Meg teaches second grade in Decorah, Iowa.
• Craft’s fish story starts with an official certificate noting his membership to the Order of the Karwatha Muskie. He started fishing for the mighty and dangerous predator with his dad and granddad in Canada when he was 9.
• Just like Shakespeare, Dr. Craft loves a good pun. During an interview with a local TV station during the Moorhead Corn Feed, he pulled off several, while maintaining that he’d had an earful of all these plays on words.
• When he’s not cheering for the Cobbers, Craft bleeds blue for North Carolina Tar Heels basketball.
• Craft’s scholarly work on early modern poetry and prose includes the book “Labyrinth of Desire: Invention and Culture in the Work of Sir Philip Sidney.”
• When Craft moved into the president’s office at Concordia, an entire wall of bookshelves needed to be added. He and Anne have more than 2,000 titles in their library.
• In his free time, Craft enjoys cycling. “I think it’s a reminder of being a kid – the sheer joy of balance and speed,” he says.
• For the past 37 years, the extended Craft family (his parents, siblings and their children) has vacationed at the same North Carolina beach.
• The Crafts typically sing in their church choirs. He sings tenor. Anne sings alto.