Global Education Committee Charges
The following information originates in the Concordia College Faculty Handbook, Chapter 1: Faculty Governance.
Section 8. Faculty Senate Committees
The committee listed below reports directly to the Faculty Senate, which retains the right to confirm, amend, veto or return actions to the committee. The committee is expected to attend to current issues and plan for the future.
8.4 Global Education Committee:
- Considers trends and makes recommendations concerning global education.
- Approves credit-bearing study away programs (short-term and long-term), and acts on program development and faculty leadership applications.
- Develops standards and policies and monitors college-approved program performance.
- Serves as a liaison with departments, programs, and administrative offices to promote quality, access, efficiency, safety, and fiscal sustainability.
- Membership includes five faculty (one from each Exploration area, with both arts and humanities represented), one of whom serves as chair, and the Division Chair of Global Education.
Specific Charges for 2011-12:
- Work with Associate Dean of Global Learning to move Concordia towards meeting the Strategic Priority: "Create a campus culture that welcomes and learns from diversity."
- Engage in the College's self study for reaccreditation as appropriate to the committee's responsibility and provide assistance and information to the Higher Learning Commission Steering Committee as requested.