Core Committee Charges
The following information originates in the Concordia College Faculty Handbook, Chapter 1: Faculty Governance.
Section 8. Faculty Senate Committees
The committee listed below reports directly to the Faculty Senate, which retains the right to confirm, amend, veto or return actions to the committee. The committee is expected to attend to current issues and plan for the future.
8.2 Core Committee:
- Admits new core courses to the Concordia College Core Curriculum, Becoming Responsibly Engaged in the World.
- Recommends criteria for approval of core courses to the Faculty Senate.
- Considers trends and makes recommendations concerning the core curriculum.
- Membership includes five faculty (one from each Exploration area, with both arts and humanities represented), one of whom serves as chair; two students and a representative from Academic Affairs.
Specific Charges for 2011-12:
- Review assessment results of Core curriculum and consider how results can impact the curriculum.
- Continue to develop Core designations in the abroad studies.
- Review all new Inquiry Seminars
- Engage in the College's self study for reaccreditation as appropriate to the committee's responsibility and provide assistance and information to the Higher Learning Commission Steering Committee as requested.