Assessment Committee Charges
The following information originates in the Concordia College Faculty Handbook, Chapter 1: Faculty Governance.
Section 8. Faculty Senate Committees
The committee listed below reports directly to the Faculty Senate, which retains the right to confirm, amend, veto or return actions to the committee. The committee is expected to attend to current issues and plan for the future.
8.3 Assessment Committee:
- Provides oversight and evaluation of student learning and development.
- Reviews and monitors curriculum assessment data.
- Membership consists of four faculty (one of whom is chair), one student, the director of institutional research and assessment, a representative from student affairs, and a representative from Academic Affairs.
- Continue to undertake assessment of new Core curriculum. (Specific charge for 2008-09.)
Specific Charges for 2011-12:
- Continue updating departmental assessment reporting and procedures, as well as committee feedback, with emphasis on closing the assessment loop.
- Provide FEC a report on the status of assessment activities by departments and programs.
- Continue assessment of Core curriculum.
- Explore ways to encourage/incentivize assessment plans and practices.
- Engage in the College's self study for reaccreditation as appropriate to the committee's responsibility and provide assistance and information to the Higher Learning Commission Steering Committee as requested.