Academic Advisement & Student Development Committee Charges
The following information originates in the Concordia College Faculty Handbook, Chapter 1: Faculty Governance.
Section 8. Faculty Senate Committees
The committee listed below reports directly to the Faculty Senate, which retains the right to confirm, amend, veto or return actions to the committee. The committee is expected to attend to current issues and plan for the future.
8.6 Academic Advisement & Student Development Committee:
- Plans and monitors academic advisement, including career-related advisement.
- Develops and monitors policies for admission and retention of students and student progress in academic courses.
- Develops opportunities for recognition of students, and coordinates the processes of selecting students for recognition and awards.
- Recruits, encourages and supports students pursuing special awards/scholarships and/or graduate study.
- Membership consists of five faculty (one of whom is chair), two students, and one representative each from student affairs and academic affairs.
Specific Charges for 2011-12:
- Select students for and promote Student Lecture Series.
- Continue to monitor and review advisement and student development practices for the Passport 360 program.
- Consider faculty development plan for advisement.
- Engage in the College's self study for reaccreditation as appropriate to the committee's responsibility and provide assistance and information to the Higher Learning Commission Steering Committee as requested.