- Doctoral: Ph. D. in Developmental Psychology, July 1997, Michigan Sate University. Dissertation Topic: Temperament and School Achievement and Adjustment in African American Children from Predominantly Low-Income Families. Advisor: Dr. Jacqueline Lerner.
- Masters: M.A. in Developmental Psychology, 1995, Michigan State University.
- Undergraduate: B.A. in Economics with distinction and highest honors, 1987, American University in Cairo. Minor: Computer Science.
- Developmental Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Cross Cultural Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Senior Capstone
- General Psychology
Intercultural Sensitivity Development
The impact of drama series on Arab society
Lifespan Human Development in the Arab-Muslim World
- Principal Investigator, Gumus: Evaluating the Impact of the Series on Arab Viewers. Fall 2008-Present.
- Principal Investigator, The Impact of Study Abroad Experiences on College Students, 2008-present. This project was funded by a grant from the Lutheran Academy of Scholars. Two students assisted in this research under my supervision.
- Principal Investigator, The Impact of Service Learning on Cross-Cultural Psychology Students, 2007. This project was funded by a Thrivent grant.
- Principal Investigator, The Influence of Participation in the Concordia Arabic Language Village on Teenage Villagers Project, Concordia College, Summer 2006-Fall 2007. This project was funded by Concordia Language Villages for two years. Two students assisted in this research under my supervision.
- Principal Investigator, Acculturation and Psychological Adjustment of Arab and Muslim Immigrants in the U.S. Project, Concordia College, Fall 2003-Present. This project was funded by a Strategic Initiatives grant from Concordia College. One student co-inquirer is assisted in this research under my supervision.
- Principal Investigator, Psychological Adjustment of Immigrant Families Project, Concordia College, Fall 2001-Spring 2003. This project was funded by a Centennial faculty-research grant from Concordia College and an NIH grant to attend a summer training institute. Three Students participated in this research under my supervision.
- Research and Statistical Consultant, Muskegon Heights Head Start Transition EvaluationProject, Michigan State University, Fall 1997- Summer 1998. Responsibilities: Data analysis, statistical consultation, data management, data verification, report writing, research presentation.
- Grant Reviewer, Florida Department of Education, Summer 2009 and Spring 2010.
- Paper Reviewer, Journal of Muslim Mental Health, Fall 2007 and Spring 2009.
- Reader of the College Board's AP Psychology Examinations, Educational Testing Service, Daytona, Florida, Summer 2006-Present.
- Examiner, The Psychological Corporation, San Antonio, Texas, Spring 1997. Administered the WIAT-II on the try-out sample. Data used for the standardization and revision of the new edition.
- Panel Speaker at the Women's Studies conference, Spring 2009.
- Leader of the global team and member of the Compass Client Committee, Fall 2008-Present.
- Thesis committee chair and faculty supervisor of a Masters in Education candidate, Fall 2007-present.
- Member of the Steering committee and of the Staff Recruitment and Development subcommittee for the Arabic Language Village since Fall 2004.
- Regular invited presenter for the Summer Workshop on Faith and Learning in Higher Education since summer 2004.
- Member of the campus TOCAR (Training Our Campus Against Racism) team since Fall 2003.
- Chair of the Institutional Review Board Spring 2003-2007.
- Annual Invited presenter for Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity (SEED), a training program for elementary school teachers, since Fall 2001.
- Ibrahim, M., and Bedoui, B. (2009, September). The Gumus Phenomenon: An Analysis of the Series, its Fans, and its Impact on Viewers. Paper presented at the International Conference on Social Sciences, Izmir, Turkey.
- Ibrahim, M. (2009, August). Cross-Cultural Perspectives on the Benefits of Community-Based Learning. In M. Amer (Chair), The Psychology of Community Based Learning: New Directions for Research. Symposium conducted at the 117th Annual APA convention, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Schramm, A., Evenstad, C., and Ibrahim, M. (2008, October). The Impact of Study Abroad on College Studentsâ€™ Global Perspectives and Intercultural Sensitivity. Paper presented at the UND Northern Lights Psychology Conference, Grand Forks, ND.
- Ibrahim, M., and DiasWeerasinha, A. (2007, May). The Impact of an Arabic Immersion Summer Program on Teenage Participants. Poster presented at the Association for Psychological Scienceâ€™s 19th Annual Convention, Washington, D.C.