Questions To Ask
Questions to consider in making your selection:
- What is my long term goal?
- Do I want a dietetic internship or a combined dietetic internship with graduate credit?
- What area of emphasis is most important to me?
- What programs have rotations that meet my long term goal and preference for emphasis?
- What area of the country would be the most appropriate choice for me?
- How soon would I be ready to start an internship? Can I start in May or do I need to earn money over the summer before the program begins?
- How much does the program cost and can I afford the program?
- How many dietetic interns does the program accept?
- What criteria does the program have for acceptance? Do I meet the criteria?
- Try to match your strengths to a program that is looking for those strengths. For example, if you have significant work experience, search for a program where work experience is a primary feature of the selection process.