Writing the Personal Statement
- You must type a separate personal statement for each internship choice.
- Each personal statement MUST BE UPLOADED SEPARATELY! You cannot make changes in DICAS and save them separately. They must be uploaded separately.
- Your personal statement should include the following information:
- Why you want to be a dietitian. In this section discuss what lead to your decision to be a dietitian and your short and long term goals.
- What makes you qualified to be a dietitian. In this section be sure to describe the benefits of attending a private Lutheran liberal arts college. Describe experiences that have enabled you to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills. Describe experiences that have enabled you to develop skill in writing, oral communications and computer literacy. You have significantly more leadership and opportunities for personal development than at some large universities so describe those.
- Describe why their program is your choice. Not only what they can do for you but what you can bring to their program.
- Your application must be VERY PRECISE. It is critical that you have no spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors. You want clear, concise and accurate statements.
- Incomplete applications will not make it past the secretary to be reviewed by dietetic internship directors.