Graduate Record Exam
- The GRE is required for many dietetic internships even some that do not provide graduate credit. In fact, more internships required the GRE all of the time.
- Plan to take the GRE even if your first choice for an internship does not require the GRE.
- Taking the GRE allows more options if you aren't selected for your first choice for a dietetic internship.
- The Academic Enhancement Center can provide study suggestions for the GRE.
- You can take the GRE multiple times. Remember, all of your past and current GRE test scores are sent to the designated sites. It is wise to plan to prepare before taking the exam. When you take the exam, you will be asked what sites you wish to have your scores sent. Four sites can be chosen free of charge. There will be an additional charge per site (approximately $15.00) if you decide to have your scores sent later.
- Please be aware that while you are taking the exam you cannot go back to review previous questions/answers on the computerized exam. You must respond to the questions in order.
- The computerized GRE is offered through Minnesota State University Moorhead. The cost is approximately $130.00 and appointments need to be made in advance. The exam takes approximately 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours to complete. Immediately following the exam, the student is shown his/her "preliminary" scores. BE SURE TO WRITE THESE DOWN so you have them for the application.