The first step in the dietetic application process is to select the internships that appeal to you. There are several resources to help in your selection.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has a career section which will allow you to connect to all the accredited dietetic internships in the nation. You can reach that site at http://www.eatright.org
- The Applicant Guide to Supervised Practice Programs is published by the Dietetic Educators of Practitioners (a practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics). The manual describes each of the dietetic internships, the special emphasis of each program, the cost, the start date, weeks spent in each rotation, whether graduate credit is available and most importantly their selection criteria. Copies of these manuals are available outside Dr. Larson's office.
- Supervised Practice Program Files contain brochures from the programs. These are available in the black file cabinet off Jones 364 in the drawers labeled dietetic internship. Not all programs send information.
- Be sure to attend the meetings that Dr. Larson provides on the application process each semester. The most critical is the Wednesday before the start of school each year at 1:00 in Jones 340.
- Once you have identified the programs of interest we encourage you to write to the program to receive the current brochure and application requirements or visit their website for directions.