How Do I Import References From Library Databases Into RefWorks?
These directions apply to the following database:
1. Conduct a search in PubMed.
2. Check the box to select your article.
3. Select MEDLINE in the "Display" box. (See illustration.)
4. When the display has reformatted, choose the Edit menu and click Select All (or type Ctrl-A).
5. Choose the Edit menu and click Copy (or type Ctrl-C).
6. Log in to RefWorks.
7. From the References dropdown menu at the top left of your screen, select Import.
8. On the Import screen, select the "From Text" option. Place your cursor in the text box. Choose the Edit menu and click Paste (or type Ctrl-P). (See illustration.)
9. Change the Import Filter/Data Source field to NLM PubMed and the Database to PubMed
10. Click on the Import button to move the PubMed citations into your RefWorks database. (You will see a "references imported" confirmation when your citations have successfully been transferred.)
11. Your imported references should appear in the Last Imported folder within RefWorks.
If you need any help, ask a librarian.