How Do I Import References From Library Databases Into RefWorks?
These directions apply to the following:
- Google Scholar
1. From the Google Scholar search page, click on the Scholars Preferences link.
2. Scroll down to the Bibliography Manager section.
3. Select "Show links to import citations into" and choose RefWorks from the dropdown menu.
4. Click Save Preferences.
5. Conduct a search in Google Scholar.
6. Each record will have an Import into RefWorks link. Click on the link to begin a direct export to RefWorks.
7. If you are not currently logged into your RefWorks account, you will be prompted to do so. Once you are logged in, your citations will be imported into RefWorks. (You will see a "references imported" confirmation when your citations have successfully been transferred.)
8. Your imported references should appear in the Last Imported folder within RefWorks.
If you need any help, ask a librarian.