About the Curriculum Center
The Curriculum Center contains educational resources for PreK-12 students and teachers. The materials are used by pre-service education students to develop curricula and lesson plans and for use in classrooms.
Curriculum Center materials circulate for a 21 day period. They are cataloged according to the Dewey Decimal System.
Types of materials available include:
1. Children’s books and materials cataloged on MnPALS. Formats include:
- EASY Picture books
- FICTION Middle grade and young adult novels
- FLES Foreign language picture books
- FLSS Foreign language secondary books
- NONFICTION Nonfiction books for grades K-12
- K-12 REFERENCE Children’s reference books
- PERIODICALS Children's periodicals
2. Professional books and materials cataloged on MnPALS.
- CURR PROF Books designed for education professionals such as bibliographies, children’s review indexes, K-12 textbooks and lesson idea books
- CURR PERIODICAL Journals containing children’s literature reviews or other non-indexed periodicals for teachers
3. Teacher materials: