Program of Study
The multimedia journalism major prepares students for the rapidly evolving journalism of today. The required curriculum includes courses in writing, graphic design and mass media.
Successful completion of the major in multimedia journalism will enable students to:
• understand the changing role and importance of journalism in modern society
• use rich, precise and illuminating language
• construct skillful narratives
• find and assess relevant facts, interpret them and present them in a context that is concise, fair and accurate
• show familiarity with the major ethical and legal issues in journalism.