Special OpportunitiesBecoming immersed in German language and culture is easier than ever at Concordia. From faculty-led May Seminars to the popular month long Wittenberg Summer School Abroad, you can experience a wonderful blend of home stays, classes, culture and travel.
More Than a Language
The German department offers an array of study abroad opportunities:
- May Seminars – study with faculty for a month in German-speaking countries
- Exploration Seminars – spend 10 days exploring German-speaking cities on a faculty-led experience
- Wittenberg Summer School Abroad – spend a month in the city and university of Martin Luther
- Jena Program at Friedrich Schiller Universität – study at Friedrich Schiller Universität during this full-year exchange program
- Federation of German-American Clubs Scholarship – one Concordia student each year may attend one of 20 German universities at no additional cost
- International Business Internship and Study in Mainz – work at a 12-week internship and attend classes at Johannes Gutenberg Universitat
From German Club to working as a counselor at the Language Village, you won’t find a shortage of ways to put your German skills to use. Our Cooperative Education Office can also help out, assisting you in finding an internship in the United States or even overseas.