- 2006 Ph.D., English Literature with History Minor, University of North Dakota
- 2002 M.A., Language and Literature with History Minor, North Dakota State University
- 2000 B.A., English, North Dakota State University
- INQ SEM Beyond Genocide: Learning to Help and Hope
- IWC 100
- ENG 150 Literature, Self, and Society
- ENG 160 Global Literature and Human Experience
- ENG 220 Human Values in British and American Literature
- ELL 112 American English Language and Culture
- Major Authors: Jane Austen (Spring 2010)
- Literature Capstone: Literary Afterlives (Spring 2012)
Some interests of mine that might surprise you...
- origins of the novel (both English and American)
- gender in writing and literature
- service learning (incorporated with travel and/or with literature-novel as social critique, etc.)
- epistolary writing (from letters to TV and blogging)
- chick lit and anti-chick lit
- African writers and writings about Africa
- sequels/adaptations/"alternate histories" and literary afterlives
- historical fiction
- impact of literature (how books really do influence the affairs of the world)
- Victorian literature
2013 "Connecting Intercultural Communities at Concordia College." Minnesota writing and English conference; Bloomington, Minnesota
2010 "Service Learning's Impact on Web Design." Faculty mentor for student presentation: Posters at the Capitol; St. Paul, Minnesota.
2007 "Rewriting Rasselas: Mary Wollstonecraft and Ellis Cornelia Knight Intertextualize the Choice of Life." Northern Plains Conference on Early British Literature; Moorhead, Minnesota
2006 "A Democratic Marriage?: Elizabeth Barrett Browning's and James Fenimore Cooper's Overlapping Worlds of Books." Elizabeth Barrett Browning and the Twenty-first Century: A Bi-Centenary Celebration; Waco, Texas
- 2011. Mary Shelley. How to Write about Literature series. Chelsea House.
- 2011. Harper Lee. How to Write about Literature series. Chelsea House.
- 2010. "Fiction and the Unveling of Identity in Mary Hays's Memoirs of Emma Courtney." Lifewriting Annual.
- 2009. Oscar Wilde. How to Write about Literature series. Chelsea House.
- 2008. Charles Dickens. How to Write about Literature series. Chelsea House.
- 2007. Volume Editor, Classic Critical Views on Jane Austen. Chelsea House.