Imagine yourself spending a semester at a university in China. Besides taking a few courses, traveling and meeting new friends, you’re finally using your Chinese in a very real setting – everyday.
It’s just one of many life-changing experiences you can have through Concordia’s Mandarin Chinese program. We currently offer study abroad programs at two Chinese universities – United International College in Zhuhai and Sichuan International Studies University in Chongqing. While you’re in China, we can also help you find an internship – a chance to make some valuable connections in your field that could lead to future job possibilities.
You can also work as a language counselor at the Chinese Language Village in Minnesota lakes country. Help young people learn the language and experience the culture through summer immersion programs. At Sen Lin Hu, you’ll use your Chinese from the moment you wake up each morning until you go to sleep.
- Chinese Club student organization
- Opportunities to teach Chinese to local elementary students
- Practice your language skills with native teaching assistants.
- Academic credit for an internship using Chinese language
- Summer School Abroad programs in China through several departments, including Chinese, nursing and religion
- Complemented by a major in Global Studies - Asian Studies concentration
- Chinese and Asian Studies programs have been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education with a prestigious Title VI grant for undergraduate international studies and foreign languages.