Special OpportunitiesAs a Concordia CSTA student, you will have the opportunity to tap into our incredible cooperative education program, earning academic credit and gaining valuable work experience while interning locally or across the country. Picture yourself at Microsoft, American Red Cross, CNN, Sundog, Precision Marketing or Flint Advertising, just to name a few.
You can also find all kinds of opportunities right here on campus: The Concordian newspaper, KORD radio, Concordia On-Air television, and, of course, the Concordia Theatre. Perform in one or more of our theatre’s four yearly mainstage productions, direct a senior thesis project, create amazing sets, master lighting techniques or manage the box office. You’ll have a great time while beginning your way to a career in theatre!
More than half of our students study internationally at least once during their four years and we’d love for you to be a part of that group. The CSTA department alone regularly offers 10-day Exploration Seminars to cities such as Budapest or London and two month-long May Seminars to Europe.
Learn in outstanding facilities, including:
• Frances Frazier Comstock Theatre – features a 432-seat theatre with the newest lighting technology and a lab theatre that doubles as a high-tech classroom with interactive video displays and Dolby Surround Sound
• Video Labs – latest digital editing equipment with Final Cut Pro
• Television Studio – largest all-digital, professionally staffed studio in Fargo-Moorhead
• Radio Studio – broadcasts on campus and over the Internet
• Award-Winning Forensics Program – 17-time Minnesota State Speech Champion and frequent speech and debate national tournament competitors
• Theatre students regularly receive honors at the regional Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival and advance to nationals
• Public Relations Club
• National Communication Association Honor Society