About Concordia College
Students at Concordia are inspired to change – and be changed by – the world. Our students benefit from an academically challenging, yet welcoming and supportive learning environment. Faculty help students discover their potential, pushing them to achieve beyond what they imagine is possible.
As a college of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, intellect and faith are active partners in the search for truth. Concordia's mission centers on preparing students to serve their neighbors.
Concordia at a Glance
To understand what makes the Concordia experience unique, you have to see the whole picture:
Who We Are
- A private, coed, four-year liberal arts college with an extensive global education program, state-of-the-art science curriculum and a learning environment that fosters a partnership between intellect and faith.
- A community of more than 2,600 students who come from 34 states and 35 countries and represent 40 religions and denominations.
- Nearly 200 full-time faculty, including NASA and NSF scientists, award-winning composers and writers, and national experts in a wide range of fields.
Concordia College's MissionConcordia College invites women and men of different backgrounds, religions and aspirations to join an academic community where the life of faith and the pursuit of learning occur in dynamic interaction. Students who are eager to address big questions, open to the complexity of our multicultural world, and passionate about making a difference in their communities are welcome to be full and active participants in the life of Concordia.
by sending into society thoughtful and informed men and women
dedicated to the Christian life.
Offutt School of Business
In June 2007, regent and college leaders assembled to assess and plan for the strategic direction of the college. It was agreed that Concordia students, already steeped in the mission and ready to “influence the affairs of the world,” are hungry for the robust synthesis of academic and practical education. Furthermore, in the current climate of economic instability brought about by market forces as well as corporate mismanagement, the need for competent, ethical business leaders is greater than ever. A consensus developed that we should transform our former business department into a truly unique undergraduate school of business guided by a curriculum aimed at developing the global business leaders needed today. It was concluded that the current environment provides us with the intersection of need and opportunity.
To fulfill this vision, the founding dean was appointed in 2008 and the Offutt School of Business was officially launched in September 2010. With feedback from alumni and the broader business community, we have developed a comprehensive new curriculum that was rolled out to freshman in fall 2011. Through the generous support of our donors, we have raised $50 million toward our $56 million campaign. These funds are being used for the new facility, to cover additional operational costs during the start-up phase and to create a $32 million endowment to support the program over the longer term.
Business is already the largest single major at Concordia College. The Offutt School is revolutionizing the student experience through:
- Infusion of critical themes throughout the curriculum
- Practical application of learned skills and the cultivation and practice of leadership
- Continual engagement with business leaders, and
- Instruction by imaginative faculty who maintain currency in their fields.
We are currently recruiting: