The methodology of science is built into our curriculum. In our core biology courses students participate in experimental design, data collection and analysis, and dissemination of that work through written papers and oral presentations
Our department also provides opportunities outside of the classroom setting to participate in scholarly activity.
- Omega Nu is an active chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the national biological honors society.
- Gamma Gamma is an new chapter of Sigma Zeta, a national science and mathematics honor society
- A new chapter of the Neuroscience honors society, Nu Rho Psi has just been approved
- We have research seminars given by our students, faculty and outside speakers.
- We have an active research program involving undergraduate students.
- Each year we invite one scholar to campus to give the annual R.E. Fuglestad lecture.
- Each year a small number of students complete the requirements to graduate with Honor's in Biology
Here are this years Biology Honors students at a recent luncheon in their honor.