- Ph.D., Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina
- B.A., Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Concordia College
- Microbiology (BIOL 407)
- Genetics and Molecular Biology (BIOL 222)
- Biomedical Ethics (BIOL 303)
- Directed Research (BIOL 490)
My primary areas of expertise are microbiology and genetics. I am particularly interested in using genetic approaches to understand infectious diseases.
My research focuses on bacteria belonging to the genus Neisseria. This genus includes species that cause serious human disease, as well as nonpathogenic species.