Special OpportunitiesCaptivating Travel
Join in on Concordia’s nationally recognized study abroad programs with the art department. We offer numerous opportunities, including May Seminars to Austria, London, France, Italy, Russia and Greece. Study for a month exploring the art and architecture of the great cultural centers of Europe. Our popular May Seminar will take you to breathtaking Italy to explore the exquisite city of Florence, visiting the Duomo, Medici Palace and Leonardo da Vinci Museum. You’ll also study ancient Greek art at the British Museum in London while getting a taste of the West End theatre district.
What study of European art would be complete without Paris? See the Mona Lisa at the Louvre, visit Monet’s home, and reflect on Versailles, while you stand in the stunning hall of mirrors. A May Seminar with the art department is one of the most fascinating and life-changing experiences you can have at your time at Concordia.
Back on campus, you can take advantage of our up-to-date and unique workspace and equipment that will help you develop your craft in countless ways.
- Classrooms – with projection booths and state of the art video capability
- Macintosh graphic design lab – 16 iMacs with latest Adobe suite of design and authoring software, scanners, projection system, Laser Jet proofing printer and connection for upload to color laser and large format color printing
- Ceramics studio – featuring wheel-throwing and hand-building studio space, separate glaze, clay-mixing and kiln rooms, 15 potter’s wheels, slab roller, clay mixer/pugger and kilns
- Sculpture studio – with MIG, TIG and oxygen/acetylene welding outfits, plasma torch, bead blasting unit, spray booth, woodworking power equipment and more
- Painting studio – more than 1,100 square feet of space, 11-foot ceilings, Avanti easels for oil and acrylic painting, and tables for watercolor painting
- Printmaking studio –equipped with two etching presses, a litho press, a letterpress proofing press and a photographic exposure unit