Concordia at a Glance
To understand what makes the Concordia experience unique, you have to see the whole picture:
Who We Are
- A private, coed, four-year liberal arts college with an extensive global education program, state-of-the-art science curriculum and a learning environment that fosters a partnership between intellect and faith.
- A community of more than 2,600 students who come from 34 states and 35 countries and represent 40 religions and denominations.
- Nearly 200 full-time faculty, including NASA and NSF scientists, award-winning composers and writers, and national experts in a wide range of fields.
Where We Live
- Our historic campus covers 120 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with more than 40 buildings, shady trees, grassy gardens and courtyards and striking sculpture and art.
- Our hometown – Fargo-Moorhead – is a growing city with nearly 30,000 college students, great restaurants, a hopping arts and entertainment scene, and a dizzying array of internship and employment opportunities.
- Money magazine called Fargo-Moorhead one of the best places in the country to do business or advance a career.
- Forbes magazine named Fargo-Moorhead a top 10 city for starting a new business or getting a job.
How We Learn
- Concordia offers more than 60 majors, including 18 honors majors and 12 preprofessional programs in medicine, law, engineering, dentistry and more.
- Our unique, "globalized" curriculum combines significant study abroad, hands-on research and exceptional instruction in nine world languages.
- Hundreds of internships and co-op opportunities with companies and institutions ranging from Microsoft to Disney to the U.S. Congress provide plenty of firsthand professional experience.
- "Quality of instruction" tops Concordia's alumni satisfaction survey at 97 percent.
- Our student-faculty ratio is 13:1.
Where We Travel
- Concordia typically ranks in the top 10 nationally among liberal arts colleges for the number of students who gain global experience abroad.
- We received the prestigious Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization.
- We offer several unique and exciting options for international study: weeklong Exploration Seminars, monthlong May Seminars and Summers Abroad, and semesters or full academic years abroad.
- We offer nine on-campus global languages plus the opportunity to work at our famous Concordia Language Villages.
- Two of Concordia's most popular majors are international business and global studies, both of which include significant time studying, working and living abroad.
What We Do
- A third of our students participate in one or more of our 19 award-winning music ensembles.
- Every week, our professional music faculty give more than 700 private lessons.
- We have 22 men's and women's NCAA teams, many of which are perennial conference championship contenders.
- Our state-of-the-art athletic and fitness center is the perfect place to work out, compete in one of 11 intramural sports or cheer on the Cobbers!
- More than 100 student organizations – newspapers and literary magazines, volunteer groups, religious organizations – make it easy to get involved and stay active.
What We Achieve
- Concordia students have achieved an 88 percent acceptance rate into medical school (in 10 years surveyed).
- Eighty-nine percent of Concordia graduates applying to law school are accepted.
- Ninety-eight percent of surveyed Concordia graduates have jobs or have been admitted to graduate school within six months of graduation.
- Five of our students have won prestigious Fulbright scholarships in the past three years.
- In just a few years, Concordia has garnered eight of the prestigious NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships.