At a Glance
AccreditationConcordia College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia Language Villages is fully accredited by the American Camp Association and as a special purpose school by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Individual academic departments and preprofessional programs at Concordia are also accredited by each field's highest accrediting bodies, including:
- The chemistry department is approved by the American Chemical Society.
- The music department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- All programs within the education department are fully approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching. The education department also has candidate status with the Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
- The food/nutrition/dietetics major has accreditation from the Accreditation Council in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Graduates in accounting are qualified to take the Minnesota examination for the CPA certificate under rules of the Minnesota Board of Accountancy.
- The long-term care administration program is accredited by the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators and the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators.
- The nursing department is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Accreditation.